This privacy notice describes how OCM Accounting and Bookkeeping Services (“we”, “us” or “our”) collects and uses Personal Data, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act and any other applicable data protection law in the United Kingdom (collectively “data protection law”).
It applies to Personal Data provided to us, both by individuals or by others.
Personal Data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. Words used with first letter capitalisation (e.g., Personal Data), unless otherwise defined in this policy, have the same definition and meaning as under data protection law.
Information That We Collect
OCM Accounting and Bookkeeping Services processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from is:
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Business Email
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Bank account details
- National Insurance Number
- Business, financial and tax information which is relevant to the performance of our services we provide
We collect information in the below ways:
- Forms you have completed and given to us
- Information that you have given us over the telephone
- Letters/emails that you have sent to us
- Records provided to complete contracted services
How We Use Your Personal Data
OCM Accounting and Bookkeeping Services takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with marketing material, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- Provision of services and advice
- Comply with legal obligations, including fraud and money laundering
- Maintain records (retention of records as required by professional bodies who regulate our work)
- Communicate by post, email and telephone or other means with you as necessary and with HMRC or other third parties as required in the course of our services
- Process financial transactions on your behalf
- Marketing material
- To administer payments from you
You have the right to access any personal information that OCM Accounting and Bookkeeping Services processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
- If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
OCM Accounting and Bookkeeping Services takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place. Your personal information is stored on our electronic server systems and on paper in our filing system. Our electronic archives are stored within the UK on our server or in the Cloud and are accessed by our staff for the purposes set out above.
Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. OCM Accounting and Bookkeeping Services does not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk